Jeremy R
Jeremy R, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience. Factory trained and certified
8380480

I have a gsx750f 2000. It revs fully when not under load ,

Customer Question

I have a gsx750f 2000. It revs fully when not under load , but as I go up through the gearbox the maximum revs go down, I.e, 1st 10000,2nd 9000and so on till 6th 6500. I have changed the cdi but I am now stumped. Any ideas?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am prepared to wait another day or two, I am still hopeful that you can help

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I have had no answer yet, it has been 5 days since I first asked my question
Expert:  Jeremy R replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I would like to try and help you with this.
I don't usually answer these but saw just now you have been waiting quite a while.

So here's what you need to try.
Get a squirt bottle with water, or windex or something NON flamable in it.
Start the engine and do not rev it up.
Let it come up to temperature.
May take a few minutes.
Then spray each header right next to the head where they come out and watch to see if one doesn't sizzle off as fast as the others.
Rev it up if they're similar and do it again.
One of them should be cooler than the others.
An infared temp gun is a much better way to do this if you have one.
The reason behind this could be one of three things that would need further investigation.
Lack of spark, compression, or fuel to that one cold cylinder.
Most of the time it's fouled spark plugs or dirty carbs that cause this.
Sorry again that it took so long for someone to reply.
Let me know if you need further assistance. I'll get an email with your replies and will get back to you as soon as I can.
Jeremy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Jeremy r for getting back, the next day that I can try your suggestions is Sunday due to work.it's 6.30am Wednesday here now. Hopefully I will get back to you with some positives.
As the plugs are new, can I assume that fouled plugs could be iffy coils/connections ?
Expert:  Jeremy R replied 3 years ago.
Well maybe. If the gas is old or there was alot of it in one cylinder for some reason it could be still a fouled plug.
If not then yes coils, etc would be something next in line to look into.
Whenever you can get back is fine. No rush.
You'll probably get an automated email but disregard it.
We'll follow up whenever you get to it.