Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod,
73554018

hyosung gv 250 aquilla, when you turn on the ignition the F1

Customer Question

hyosung gv 250 aquilla, when you turn on the ignition the F1 light does not come on
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Chris replied 3 years ago.

chrishere0 :

Hello how are you

chrishere0 :

It is ok that the light does not come on.

chrishere0 :

Does the engine run? Does the light come on after the engine is running?

JACUSTOMER-4rzjl99z- :

no, the bike does not start

JACUSTOMER-4rzjl99z- :

it turnsover however it does not start

chrishere0 :

When did this problem start?

chrishere0 :

After a period of sitting or a ride in the rain etc?

chrishere0 :

Will the engine spin over when you press the start button?

JACUSTOMER-4rzjl99z- :

it hadnt been used for some time, but is refusing to start. So we tried fitting a new battery but that did not work

JACUSTOMER-4rzjl99z- :

it spinsover but wont fire up

chrishere0 :

About how long has it been in sotrage? Do you have a meter to do some simple testing?

JACUSTOMER-4rzjl99z- :

been standing for 8months but started on a regular basis over that time. Yes I do have a meter to do some simple testing

chrishere0 :

Great.

chrishere0 :

I would like you to tell me the battery voltage, the voltage with the key on, and the voltage with the starter button pressed for 5 seconds (the lowest reading)

JACUSTOMER-4rzjl99z- :

battery voltage = 12.58v with key = 12.42v Starter button pressed = 11.35v

chrishere0 :

Ok, thats good. Give me a moment to gather some info

chrishere0 :

What year is the bike?

JACUSTOMER-4rzjl99z- :

2010

chrishere0 :

ok, be right back

chrishere0 :

Do you hear the fuel pump cycle in the tank for a couple seconds when the key is turned to the on position?

JACUSTOMER-4rzjl99z- :

no

chrishere0 :

Have you inspected the fuses?

JACUSTOMER-4rzjl99z- :

yes, checked fuses, all relays working

chrishere0 :

Ok, next you will need to unplug the connector that powers the fuel pump, now touch your meter leads to the end of the plug attached to the bikes wire harness and check for battery voltage when the key is turned on.

chrishere0 :

If you have voltage for about 5 seconds after the key is switched on, that tells us the pumps wiring is all good and the pump itself has failed

JACUSTOMER-4rzjl99z- :

the main and fuel relays are not being energized when the key is turned so it does not charge the circuit. When key is on there is no voltage at fuel pump connection

chrishere0 :

Ok let me do a little more research

chrishere0 :

Unfortunatly i do not have the manual for the fuel injected version. I will opt out to allow another expert to assist you. Please do not respond back until you hear from them, doing so will only dealy your answer. Good luck

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry have not replied until now but have been back at work. Think we have sorted out the problem. Thank you.

I am sorry we were unable to assist you. Please let me know if you would like me to close your question.