Chris
Chris, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  20 yrs. experience as motorcycle, dirt bike, ATV, UTV and watercraft technician.
5111025

motorbike/ handlebars, how do i get the metal stops out of

Customer Question

motorbike/ handlebars, how do i get the metal stops out of the end of the bars
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Chris replied 3 years ago.

Are you refering to the weights on the bar ends? If so the center bolt threads into the bar ends. Often times, when a bike takes a fall, the bolt holding the ends on becomes bent, if it strips when trying to remove it the next step is to cut it off, leave enough of the bolt to be able to grab it with a pair of plyers after being cut.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the metal stops are welded in place.

Expert:  Chris replied 3 years ago.
May i ask why your wanting to remove the bar ends? Maybe i can assist you to come to a solution in a way other then removing the ends.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the motorbike is a cafe racer,iam wanting to fit retro mirrirs in the end of the bars.

Expert:  Chris replied 3 years ago.
Cool, i would drill and tap the ends to the size of the mirror studs. Is there any reason you cant do that?