Doug E
Doug E, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Professional motorcycle mechanic with 30 years experience and specializing in vintage motorcycles.
7400257

Just bought a cat d damaged 2008 Honda 1000rr Fireblade which

Just bought a cat d damaged 2008 Honda 1000rr Fireblade which i will using for track days.I can't get it to start due to no petrol prime noise,but the rev counter moves as it should when you turn the ignition on.Just fitted a new front wiring loom with tint sensor been told it's something to do with the Honda HISS system.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Doug E replied 3 years ago.

If the fuel pump isn't running, let's check that circuit.

graphic

Verify you have power at the 20 amp FI fuse (#2) and after the engine stop relay (#1). Power then flows through the fuel cut-off relay (#12). Do you have power at all of those locations?

The other side of the fuel cut off relay is the signal wire from the ECM, so knowing where you have power and where you don't will narrow down why your pump isn't running. Let me know what you find.

Doug
Doug E, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience: Professional motorcycle mechanic with 30 years experience and specializing in vintage motorcycles.