Doug E
Doug E, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Professional motorcycle mechanic with 30 years experience and specializing in vintage motorcycles.
7400257

I have a Kawasaki ZX6R Ninja 2008, all gauges have stopped

Customer Question

I have a Kawasaki ZX6R Ninja 2008, all gauges have stopped working. Green neutral light comes on and all lights & horn work
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Doug E replied 3 years ago.

Doug E :

Doug E :

When did this first happen? Was the bike in an accident? Was the meter assembly removed to do work on the bike?

Doug E :

Does the bike turn over or run? Do the dash lights work or are all of them out too?

JACUSTOMER-zwiywhx5- :

No bike works fine and has not been involved in any accident. Only just happened when I brought it out od garage today, never had any other problems. Only light that works is the neutral light

Doug E :

If it isn't the fuse and mice haven't chewed through the wiring, it's a very complex system to test.

Doug E :

I'm going to upload the gauge manual for you because you will need the diagrams and charts to make sense of it.

Doug E :

Just click on the link and download that to your computer. It also helps to print out the pages so you can have them next to the gauges. You will need a multimeter, some jumper wires and a 12 volt battery for the tests.