Jeremy R
Jeremy R, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience. Factory trained and certified
8380480

The engine self diagnostic telltale on my Peugeot Elystar scooter

Customer Question

The engine self diagnostic telltale on my Peugeot Elystar scooter is flahing and I can not start the engine having just fitted and charged a new battery
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So far I have heard nothing from your "expert". Although the instrument panel lights up the engine does not turn over. If you are unable to make any suggestions please say so.

Expert:  Doug E replied 3 years ago.

Which light is flashing?

Does it flash and then stay on?

Does it flash a certain number of times?

Have you verified that the battery voltage is at least 12.2 volts?

Doug
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My original query stated that the "Engine self diagnostic telltale" flashes. Your expert is now asking which light flashes.

Expert:  Doug E replied 3 years ago.
I am asking for more information. If you don't want my help then I will have to opt out and advise you take your scooter to the dealer. Best of luck to you.

Doug

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.