Doug E
Doug E, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Professional motorcycle mechanic with 30 years experience and specializing in vintage motorcycles.
7400257

I have a 1998 yzf600 thundercat,when I turn the ignition on

Customer Question

I have a 1998 yzf600 thundercat,when I turn the ignition on the neutral light is the only light to come on,the fuel light and oil light doesn't come on, I have checked the starter relay and it's fine, I have checked all the fuses and the are fine,I have bridged out the wiring at the oil level sensor and got the oil light to come on,I also bridged out the plug for the fuel level sensor and got the fuel light to come on,would the ECM be faulty or some other problem?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Doug E replied 3 years ago.

The only thing those two items have in common is that they are routed through the starting circuit cut-off relay (has 11 pins). That is separate from the starter relay and should be where the problem is. Did you check that part?

Doug
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have been checking some more and I can get the starting circuit cut off relay clicks when the neutral light is bridged but it doesn't make a noise when the oil light is bridged out also I found out that the fuel pump doesn't seem to make any noise either,I am going to get a new relay tomorrow and try it

Thanks for replying to my question
Expert:  Doug E replied 3 years ago.
OK, that should be the problem.

Doug