Chris
Chris, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  20 yrs. experience as motorcycle, dirt bike, ATV, UTV and watercraft technician.
5111025

Cagiva river600 with Yamaha xt600 engine.bike was running fine

Customer Question

Cagiva river600 with Yamaha xt600 engine.bike was running fine alas will now not start.fitted new battery and starter solenoid cleaned earth to frame and cable at starter.when you press the starter all that happens is the starter solenoid clicks.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still require help regards Mike
Hello Mike,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello Mike,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Chris replied 3 years ago.
Test for battery voltage at the post on the starter where the wire from the solenoid connects when you press the start button. If you find you do not have voltage, and the solenoid is clicking, the solenoid is bad. If you find you do have battery voltage, remove the spark plug and try to start again, if the engine still will not spin, the starter is likely faulty. At that point I would remove the starter and bench test it.