Chris
Chris, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  20 yrs. experience as motorcycle, dirt bike, ATV, UTV and watercraft technician.
5111025

I have a quad 360kvf 2003 which was running fine I stopped

Customer Question

I have a quad 360kvf 2003 which was running fine I stopped as normal. when I tried to restart all the relevant lights come on, but starter will not turnover, and even on the recoil there is no sign of firing. All other lights horn etc; are as normal. I have checked the fuses by the battery and they are fine. Can you tell me if there are any other fuses to check, or if you are aware of the problem.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
To clarify, the engine will spin over but not start?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no there is no power getting to the starter, so I tried the recoil pull start and there is obviously no power getting to the coil either. The circuit that sends power to the ignition and starter is down. I wondered if there was another fuse I had missed, or if the ignition switch could have packed up

Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.

Is the neutral light on? Do you hear a click under the seat near when the start button is depressed? Is the red kill button in the run position? Do you have a meter or test light to do some simple checks?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help in my abscence someone had put the kill button on.

All sorted thank you

Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.

That's great news! Nice easy fix. Please remember to rate your experience so I am compensated for assisting you. Have a good weekend....

Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
If you have any further questions post them here, thanks again.
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
I would like to close this question, if you are happy with my assistance please rate your experience so I may do so...Thanks