Chris
Chris, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  20 yrs. experience as motorcycle, dirt bike, ATV, UTV and watercraft technician.
5111025

I have a BMW K1200 GT SE that has an ABS problem.I am told

Customer Question

I have a BMW K1200 GT SE that has an ABS problem.
I am told it needs a new control/pump unit as these cannot be repaired
or reset. These are incredibly expensive.
Do you know of another solution to this problem?.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Your information is correct, the abs unit is not serviceable, no parts are available. Your only option is to run the bike with no ABS or replace the control unit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like to replace the unit but these are extremely expensive

from bmw. Do you know of another source of supply?.

Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
These units are only available through BMW, another option is to source a used one. I would set up an ebay alert to notify you when one becomes available.