Chris
Chris, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  20 yrs. experience as motorcycle, dirt bike, ATV, UTV and watercraft technician.
5111025

. I have a 1985 Kawasaki en450 which starts and ticks over

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 1985 Kawasaki en450 which starts and ticks over but when you open the throttle it will not rev, just splutters pops & bangs. I have had carbs apart and cleaned everything also adjusted the float tangs so more fuel could get in, it still does the same thing also if I hold full throttle and manually squirt wd40 it revs up no problem. Is this just a carb problem or something else?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Chris :

Do you have the air box fully assembled and a filter installed?

JACUSTOMER-pr4u5qh6- :

Hi, No it has got k&n filters.

Chris : Once the stock air box is removed, your carbs will need to be rejeted. This is the reason for the issues you are experiencing.
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.