P.J.
P.J., Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  10+ Years as a mechanic and fabricator in an independent motorcycle shop.
75205684

I have a 92 model fxdb-d & need to strip primary drive,am having

Customer Question

I have a 92 model fxdb-d & need to strip primary drive,am having trouble undoing engine sprocket, stator seems to go round as I undo nut but doesn't loosen,any thoughts?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No,I am still waiting,need help,your website said answer within 24hrs,that time frame has elapsed,so please can you help or not?
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialities differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  P.J. replied 2 years ago.
The crankshaft nut is tight, very tight. It also uses thread locker. To remove the nut I suggest using an impact wrench and socket. This typically will remove the nut with minimal trouble. If you don't have an impact and socket and are using a breaker bar then you need to first find something to insert into the primary chain such that it jams into the clutch basket ring gear and stops the primary drive from spinning. You'll then likely need to heat the nut to about 300 degrees so that the thread locker is softened and will release it. I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks, P.J.
P.J., Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience: 10+ Years as a mechanic and fabricator in an independent motorcycle shop.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks p.j
I still havn't undone it,someone is going to have a go next Saturday, he repairs h.g.vs SK has got some big stuff, thank you for your input.
Ray
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome! Best of luck, take care, P.J.