Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I would like an appraisal and possible market and/or selling

Customer Question

I would like an appraisal and possible market and/or selling price for an upright piano and bench. It is over 50 years old and works well with a few scuffs and scratches on the dark wood frame. The name over the keys is Aerosonic and at the end of the
keys it says "made by Baldwin". Thank you. Customer
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 1 year ago.
Hello Hope you are doing well today! Nice to see you again..The Baldwin Acrosonic Piano circa: 1960's Mahogany, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $700.00-825.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities..If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up..You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!.Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.. If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.. If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.. Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively..You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! .. Thank you so much! Glenda