healthydoc
healthydoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified U.S. Neurologist
55821379

My brother had testicular cancer in 2007 that spread to lymph

Customer Question

My brother had testicular cancer in 2007 that spread to lymph nodes ! after chemo he made a full recovery . He now has an inch wide lump on his forehead on the bump that is getting bigger and causing pain he had a ultrasound today and has been told it may be a bone cyst but will need further teste > The problem is he is in prison and theres a wait in your opinion what do you think this can be and is it essential he receives tests and treatment sooner rather than later
Category: Neurology
Expert:  healthydoc replied 4 years ago.

healthydoc :

Hello and thank you for your question.

healthydoc :

Usually the bone cyst that occur in adults are benign in nature. However as he has history of cancer further testing may be necessary to evaluate whether it is cancerous or non cancerous cyst.

healthydoc :

They may further test him by a needle biopsy test to evaluate if the cyst is cancerous or not.

healthydoc :

If it is not cancerous it can be surgically removed. if it is cancerous than they may remove it surgically and give him radiation.

healthydoc :

In my opinion usually the cyst is benign however in order to be on safe side test should be done quickly to determine if it is benign or malignant.

healthydoc :

In both cases surgery may be required.

healthydoc :

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.