healthydoc
healthydoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified U.S. Neurologist
55821379

told i dont have ms but i want second opinion

Customer Question

[email protected] i entered incorrect email in my details so Please use this one because i wont know if you repky otherwise!  I have been experiencing tremor, blurred vision, pins and needles on and off for the past 12 months. MRI shoes white dots on my brain (3 or 4). In the past I have suffered with severe migraine and recently a member of my family has been very I'll so my neurologist said he can't rule out anxiety. I am not convinced at all with this. I am on amitripyline 25mgs and vision has improved as tremor has too however i still have tinglrs in my foot ALL day and very often find myself having a numb tongue like bring St the dentist. Could my neurologist be right or has he just gone with my previous history of migraines and anxiety too fast? I am not anxious at all or do not feel it. Please help. I am able to pay for a second opinion if it is worth it. My occupational health nurse feels I have been misdiagnosed and that I do have MS.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  healthydoc replied 4 years ago.

healthydoc :

Hello and thank you for your question.

healthydoc :

The white dots of MRI you are mentioning is likely due to the fact that you have the history of migraines. In order to diagnose and confirm MS you need to active and passive lesions ie old and new lesions and also you need MRI with contrast that can enhance the lesions.

healthydoc :

So it is unlikely related to MS and can be due to anxiety and migraines.

healthydoc :

Moreover in MS most common symptoms is otic neuritis which is inflammation of the optic nerve which is treated by steroids.

healthydoc :

You would also experience confusion and slurring of speech too.

healthydoc :

You are always entitled to get second opinion and getting MRI with contrast of brain and full spineis the best way to diagnose MS.

healthydoc :

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.