Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

i have suffered M.E (?) for 5 years now. When I was a chil

Customer Question

i have suffered 'M.E' (?) for 5 years now. When I was a child I had calcium deposites removed from my elbow. with the severe syptoms of M.E. I also suffer temporary paralysis. When I am going to sleep i can feel my body going into 'paralysis' - my hands first then one or both legs, I I often wake up in the night and can't move! My G.P. is worse than useless. He just doesn't believe me, says my symptoms are bizzare and that he has never heard of anything like it. I am forced to looking for answers like this on the Internet, and he ridicules me for that too. He has referred me to a Neurologist at the behest of my orthopaedic surgeon. I waited 6 months for him to do that. the appointment is 1 May 2013. G.P. sent a letter to Neurologist and tone was just one of complete ridicule, even stating that I had refused to see a negative cognitive therapist! (i told him I used the principles of NCTherapy when I worked as a College Lecturer teaching Women's Studies! I am convinced that what I have is a rare condition that he is just not clever enough or interested enough to do the research. I had a car accident 7 years ago which caused damage to L4/L5. Fixed now interbody infusion. I was also on Tamoxifen for 3 years for mastalgia (not liscenced for that I know), but can cause changes to DNA. I have factor V Leiden in my blood. (Prone to thrombotic states) I had glandular fever. I had an epidural. I was bitten by all sorts working in Macedonia. I am on pregablin for pain in limbs and cramps Could my paralysis be caused by calcium deposites in brain? I forget things, balance isn't v good, often feel disorientated. Fall over and walk into doors. I get words mixed up. It's such an effort to speak sometimes with chronic fatigue, pain, spasms. Why would anyone have paralysis at night, and feel it coming on when falling into a sleep? Lynn XXXXXXX

Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 3 years ago.

Doctor-Bob :

Hello, Lynn. Have you had an MRI or CT of the brain?

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Lynn. I did not hear back from you. Do you still need assistance? If so, please let me know and I would be happy to help.
...
Regards,
Doctor-Bob