healthydoc
healthydoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified U.S. Neurologist
55821379

I am 68 have been in formed I have pre diabetes feet tingling

Customer Question

I am 68 have been in formed I have pre diabetes feet tingling numbness in sole of foot 2nd toes very sore 24/7 increasing pain by the day. My ability to walk is failing I had cabbage at47 then 3 stents over next 9 years since I have had great health walking hills every day. I take emcor plavix lest ace ezatrol Lipitor .I also take sodium phenetion for epileptic problems once every two years .I have been supplied vibramycin no help to feet.I am very concerned over this increasing foot problem
Category: Neurology
Expert:  healthydoc replied 4 years ago.

healthydoc :

Hello and thank you for your question.

healthydoc :

As you have peripheral neuropathy, have you see a neurologist to get evaluated?

healthydoc :

Did you have EMG nerve conduction test to evaluate the extent of damage done to your nerves?

healthydoc :

Usually for peripheral neuropathy your doctor needs to prescribe you medication like gabapentin or pregabaling.

healthydoc :

Please get back to me with above information so we can discuss further. Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-exry4o76- : I am to see a neurologist 6 th June 2013 no to second question. I will check with my doctor to question three
okay. you need EMG test which is a nerve conduction test to evaluate the extent of damage done to the nerves. Moreover you can request your doctor to prescribe you medication like gabapentin until you see a neurologist. which will ease the symptoms and will help to to resolve the burining pain. Vibromycin is used to treat bacterial infection and not neuropathic pain.

If you have no further questions than please rate my answer positively. Thank you.