healthydoc
healthydoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified U.S. Neurologist
55821379

65 year old male with chest pain all cardiac tests clear

Customer Question

65 year old male with chest pain all cardiac tests clear had an injury many years back could this be nerve damage from injury
Category: Neurology
Expert:  healthydoc replied 4 years ago.

healthydoc :

Hello and thank you for your question. I need more information about the type of injury that this gentleman suffered. Can you please provide more information on the type of injury.

JACUSTOMER-pugkoxjc- :

he is a farmer and fell over a steel post at the side of a gate sustaining bruising and a lot of pain at the time, no fractured ribs

healthydoc :

If he sustained only injuries to his chest and extremities it is very likely that depending on how the severe the injuries were, that he has some crush injuries. Crush injuries can lead to nerve injury. If he suffered any head injury as a result of the fall, it is possible that he sustained a concussion. Depending on the severity of the head injury, I have had patient who have suffered diffuse axonal nerve injury when they were involved in a car accident. If the injuries are minor, then the likelihood of nerve injury is small.