healthydoc
healthydoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified U.S. Neurologist
55821379

Hello. I am a 43 year old female and have been experiencing

Customer Question

Hello.
I am a 43 year old female and have been experiencing numbness and tenderness on the right side of my head for around 6 months now. On a couple of occasions I have also had severe numbness in my face and a feeling of being completely spaced out, almost like having allot to drink but not having a very nice time! On one of these occasions my husband actually took me to hospital as it was so bad. They checked my eyes and my blood pressure which were both fine. They were happy I had not had a stroke and advised me to go to my GP for slow time enquiries. My GP has told me it is probably stress. A blood test was clear. This area of my head continues to be an issue, ongoing numbness, tenderness and a very tender spot above my temple. My right eye feels constantly weighed down, (eyes and teeth have also been checked and are all good) On a recent flight back from holiday, as we were landing, I felt an intense pressure and pulse like feeling in this area. Do I live with this or have you any suggestions please.

Kerry
Category: Neurology
Expert:  healthydoc replied 4 years ago.

healthydoc :

Hello and thank you for your question.

healthydoc :

It can either be trigeminal neuralgia where you feel symptoms like numbness and tenderness associated with the pain.

healthydoc :

or it can be occipital neuralgia. Both of them are confirmed by a physical examination performed by a neurologist. Trigeminal reflex exam is necessary to evaluate further. So I would suggest to see a neurologist for further evaluation.

healthydoc :

Please get back to me if you have any further questions. Thank you.