Dr. F
Dr. F, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Neurosurgeon with more than 20 years experience in practice and teaching.
39941098

If a Doctor states that your condition is possibly Motor Neurone

Customer Question

If a Doctor states that your condition is possibly Motor Neurone disease, could these symptoms be something else?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  tazechip replied 4 years ago.
Hi--can you tell me about your symptoms and what tests either have been or will be done?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello, numbness all down the left side of the body and cannot lift my left arm fully and leg also is numb. It's a bit like when your leg goes to sleep and when you then stand up you think you have no leg, unless the circulation come back, amid a lot of tingling. But now it seems permanantly as thouh my leg and arm have 'gone to sleep'

Expert:  tazechip replied 4 years ago.
OK--have you seen a neurologist about this and, again, have any tests either been done or, if not, which ones are scheduled?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for delay in replying, blood tests have been made and awaiting results, no medication supplied as yet. One thing that suprised the doctor was that, by doing simple excersises, I am getting some movement in my foot and thumb and again twitches in my legs. When I walk, I do so with a limp, I can put weight down, but feel no pain.

Expert:  tazechip replied 4 years ago.
OK--just one more thing. The term motor neuron disease is somewhat nonspecific. Did the doctor explain what he meant by that?