healthydoc
healthydoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified U.S. Neurologist
55821379

I keep having what are suspected TIAs then concluded not to

Customer Question

I keep having what are suspected TIA's then concluded not to be following a MRI. This last episode began with me stumbling a few times then having a fall which left my right leg initially very numb and heavy. Like coming round from an anaesthetic. I have had ten operations on my legs over the last four years and have been diagnosed as having fibromyalgia along with Coeliac disease and Protein S deficiency. I saw my neurologist who I have seen for ten years following my first TIA last week who was very dismissive of the systems and quite complacent. My MRI scans show a lot of white matter on my brain and I have been tested for CADASIL Fabre's DISEASE with negative results. My GP says I would make an interesting text book for a medical student. My main complaint is that no one seems to want to get to the bottom of this.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  healthydoc replied 4 years ago.

Customer:

Hello and thank you for your question.

Customer:

How long does this symptoms lasts?

Customer:

Does it get better after couple of minutes or hours?

Customer:

Was MRI with contrast?

Customer:

Does MRI show any lesions?

Customer:

Have you seen a neurologist?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My symptoms last from two months to a couple of hours.

I have seen a neurologist. I did say this

There were lesions I understand on the MRI

Don't know if the MRI was with contrast

Have your neurologist considered any demyelinating process likeMS if lesions were found?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He hasn't to be honest but it had crossed my mind. In the past I had a tremor in my hand which is controlled by Procyclidine. I don't know if Parkinsons is hereditary but my dad had that when I was young. It takes me ages to get going when I stand up and all my joints feel stiff.

You're welcome. If you had lesions and if MRI with contrast was ordered and if the lesions were enhanced than it can be MS. Parkinson's can be be genetic but it is more of a clinical diagnosis. The symptoms you are mentioning of having numbness can also be felt due to fibromyalgia.

If you have no further questions than please rate my answer positively. Thank you