healthydoc
healthydoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified U.S. Neurologist
55821379

i have a small intra-canalicularaquastic neurinoma in right

Customer Question

i have a small intra-canalicularaquastic neurinoma in right CP angle aquastic neurinoma measures 9.6 *9.2*6.9 mm what should i do

Category: Neurology
Expert:  healthydoc replied 4 years ago.

healthydoc :

Hello and thank you for your question.

healthydoc :

You need to contact neurosurgeon to get surgically removed.

healthydoc :

Acoustic neuroma is a noncancerous and usually slow-growing tumor that develops on the main nerve leading from your inner ear to your brain. Because branches of this nerve directly influence your balance and hearing, pressure from an acoustic neuroma can cause hearing loss, ringing in your ear and unsteadiness.

healthydoc :

Your doctor may recommend stereotactic radio surgery.

healthydoc :

Moreover surgical intervention is only recommended if the tumor is giving you symptoms. If you do not have any symptoms than monitoring the growth of tumor would be recommended.

healthydoc :

Your doctor may recommend that you have regular imaging and hearing tests, usually every six to 12 months, to determine whether the tumor is growing and how quickly. If the scans show the tumor is growing or if the tumor causes progressive symptoms or other difficulties, you may need to undergo treatment.

healthydoc :

Please get back to me if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi what is treatment i need and where i can find the best doctors to treat my case

Treatment would be to go get it removed surgically and a neurosurgeon may help you. Your neurologist can refer you to a neurosurgeon for the treatment.