healthydoc
healthydoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified U.S. Neurologist
55821379

Hello there.iv been having problems with stress and enxiety

Customer Question

Hello there.iv been having problems with stress and enxiety for the past 2 month now.i seen to be having problems with pains in arms and joints at time I seem to be feeling off balance and suffering with my nerves.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  healthydoc replied 4 years ago.

healthydoc :

Hello and thank you for your question.

healthydoc :

As you have history of anxiety the symptoms you are experiencing is more likely due to anxiety that is manifesting in physical symptoms.

healthydoc :

Especially when all the test were ruled out these symptoms you are experiencing is due to anxiety and would get worse if your anxiety is not treated.

healthydoc :

You need to see a neurologist or a psychiatrist who can prescribe you medication like xanax to relieve your anxiety.

healthydoc :

Yoga and meditation can also help to ease the symptoms.

healthydoc :

Please get back to me if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is the joint paint in my arms and elbow normal with enxiety? Also the numbness in my face... Comes and go my doctor has had loads of bloods done and all ok apart from 1 which was showing slight rise in cortosol. He told me lack of sleep and stress. Hope that helps
Joint pain in your arms and elbows can be due to arthritis and not likely related to an anxiety problem. You need to see a rheumatologist to evaluate further for RA or arthritis by ordering ESR test and Rheumatoid factor test. Numbness in your face is very much likely related to your anxiety problem. yes lack of sleep and stress can affect levels of cortisol and also lead you to anxiety and manifestation of your symptoms.
please rate my answer positively if you have no further questions. Thank you.