healthydoc
healthydoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified U.S. Neurologist
55821379

Son was diagnosed with epilepsy in 2004 aged 20 had the odd

Customer Question

Son was diagnosed with epilepsy in 2004 aged 20 had the odd seizure till 2011. Went to live and work in London in 2010 and seizures began 2 get worse. came home in April 2011 and has been in and out of hospital ever since. Recently we have started to video seizures and on 16th June had to go to a and e had 10 seizures in two hours. Has been discharged but doctors not convinced that is epilepsy. He is taking about 1 week to ten days to recover can hardly walk has balance problems. He is 29 but is like an old man walking, getting upstairs in and out of cars etc. He also suffers with migrane, has a cyst on cerebellum which neurologists have told us to ignore nothing 2 do with his problems. He is so fed up. We have asked for a second opinion which we have next week. He was in hospital twice in march and when discharged at beginning of April we were told there is nothing medically wrong with him take him home and there is no need to call an ambulance every time he has a seizure. He is not just having one seizure I said to the sister how many seizures would you let your child have I asked her before she called an ambulance . I am still waiting for an answer! we are all at our wits ends. It is so sad to see our son like this he was so fit and energetic.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  healthydoc replied 3 years ago.

healthydoc :

Hello and thank you for your question. Can you provide me with more information with what tests the neurologist performed? Did he have an EEG when he was in the hospital? For how long was he on EEG monitoring? Did they see anything on the EEG?