healthydoc
healthydoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified U.S. Neurologist
55821379

HI MY NAME ISXXXXX BENN WITH A VERTIGO FOR 4 WEEKS

Customer Question

HI MY NAME ISXXXXX BENN WITH A VERTIGO FOR 4 WEEKS ., WITH A DEZZINES LOOSING A BALANCE VOMITING ,WE WENT TO EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT THEY DID SAME BOOD TEST ,SC SCAN, IMR THEY WERE NORMAL .COULD YOU TELL ME HAW YOU DESCRIBE IT I HOUP TO HEAR FROM YOU ASAP

Category: Neurology
Expert:  healthydoc replied 4 years ago.

healthydoc :

Hello and thank you for your question.

healthydoc :

As your brother has vertigo, the most common cause of vertigo is inner ear disorder. If MRI and blood test were normal that would rule out any neurological problem. So he needs to see an ENT doctor to evaluate the possibility of Meniere's Diseases related to inner ear issue.

healthydoc :

He needs to take medication like meclizine and it would be available in any pharmacy. moreover he needs to request his doctor to prescribe him ondensettron for nausea and vomiting.

healthydoc :

He also needs to also perform Eplely manuvers to ease the symptoms which an ENT can help.

healthydoc :

Please get back to me if you have any further questions. Thank you.