healthydoc
healthydoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified U.S. Neurologist
55821379

i have weakness in my right arm and leg that comes and goes

Customer Question

i have weakness in my right arm and leg that comes and goes along with a stiff neck,i have had a cat scan and a mri done as they were ruling out a stroke and they came back negative,what could it be
Category: Neurology
Expert:  healthydoc replied 3 years ago.

healthydoc :

Hello and thank you for your question. Have they performed an MRI of the neck? Do you have any medical problems? Any trama prior to this onset of symptoms?

JACUSTOMER-zy4hhf7h- : no trauma before this started,i think the strke consultant did ask for an mri on my neck but they havent sent the results to my doctord
healthydoc :

I would want to know the results of the MRI of the neck especially since you have stiffness there. It's important to look for possible herniated disc(s) with pressure on the nerves or spinal cord.

JACUSTOMER-zy4hhf7h- : i also before any of these symptoms started had just finished my second round of ivf which failed
healthydoc :

Sorry to hear that. I don't think the symptoms should be related to the IVF.

JACUSTOMER-zy4hhf7h- : so what do you suggest i do next?i have asked to be refered to a neurologist
healthydoc :

I think the neurologist visit is a good idea. Make sure to bring all your imaging studies with reports when you go. Again, I would want to make sure your symptoms are not originating in your neck. A neurologist may also perform nerve conduction/EMG studies of the arm(s) and leg(s) to see if there is any nerve irritation. Otherwise, not much to do until it's more clear what is causing it.

JACUSTOMER-zy4hhf7h- : i also need to say that i am not in any pain, and a couple of days ago i felt similar sensations in my left arm
healthydoc :

Happy to hear you are not in pain. I would recommend a similar workup even with left arm involvement.