DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am suffering from weakness of leg and arms muscles,no pain,

Customer Question

I am suffering from weakness of leg and arms muscles,no pain, it's getting worse since it started beginning of march
Category: Neurology
Expert:  deardr replied 4 years ago.
Hello Bernard,

I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.

I assume you mean MRI for Lumbar spine was obtained {by lower spine}. Was MRI for Brain, cervical and dorsal spine obtained too? Can you give me the report?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

realise now that this is far to complicated for you to deal with. so could you comment on the possibility of my problem being "Myasthemia Gravis,", muscles being fatgued very easily , takes a lot of rest to recover,legs and arms mostly affected, NO affect in face or chest,

started the a truamatic expirience beggining of March gradually getting worse.

regards Bernard

Expert:  deardr replied 4 years ago.
I will opt out and let other experts help you better.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I see the other expert has opted out.

there is a chance you could have myasthenia gravis if your arms and legs fatigue easily. you can get blood testing to check for antibodies against the acetocholine receptor of nerves to see if these are present. these antibodies are present in about 80-96% of people who have myasthenia gravis.

you can ask your doctors for this blood testing.

do you have other questions?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA

I am Dr. Thomas, board certified in internal medicine and I can help you with this and any follow up questions. I cover a lot of ground and might give you an answer or ask for information, but use reply to communicate with me for questions or added details.

You are not describing Myasthenia gravis at all here.

Here is a description from the mayo clinic, and you can see that you don't really fit the picture.

I understand that your lower spine has had imaging and shows compression on the spine.
Have you had this of the cervical spine.

If you have reports please type them in.