healthydoc
healthydoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified U.S. Neurologist
55821379

Hello, I went to the cinema last night and suddenly felt

Customer Question

I went to the cinema last night and suddenly felt very hot, right arm began jerking and I couldn't speak and felt strange but was aware that my husband was talking to me . In the past I had a similar incident and felt very tired afterwards needing to sleep. However, after going to the hospital ( colleagues called ambulance) they said I was slightly dehydrated and low blood pressure. I not sure if my latest incident is the same or should I visit the docs?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  healthydoc replied 3 years ago.

healthydoc :

Hello and thank you for your question. Your description sounds suspicious for possible seizures. Many of the things you describe can occur in someon ewho is having a partial seizure 1) shaking of an extremity 2) feeling sleepy afterwards 3)change in level of awareness.

healthydoc :

I would very much suggest a visit to a neurologist who may do an MRI (to get a good look at the brain structures) and EEG (brainwave study). A common location for seizures is the temporal lobe and these two studies may help to evaluate this part of the brain as a possible cause of seizures.