Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have a dark spot in my tear duct - looks like a vein - but

Customer Question

I have a dark spot in my tear duct - looks like a vein - but I'm not sure... help?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 4 years ago.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Hello would you like to chat on this? Please type into your message box and press 'enter' or 'reply' to send the message so that we can have a live chat.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

where exactly on the tear duct do you mean?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

hello do you see my message? where exactly on the tear duct?

Hello Kelly,

Such visible veins on the fact and near the eyes are not uncommon. They are called spider veins, or telangiectasias. These are otherwise harmless veins which are non-functional. Their actual cause is unknown, they occur more commonly in women, and are possibly related to hormonal changes.

The only problem they cause is cosmetic. If you are bothered by the appearance, then you can go for either Sclerotherapy or Laser treatment. Laser treatment is preferable on the face.

Have your doctor look it up and ask about laser or sclerotherapy.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.