Dr Peter Bush
Dr Peter Bush, Doctor
Experience:  Member of the Institute of Healthcare Management
75055251

A few years ago I had a nervous breakdown/ stroke, although

Customer Question

A few years ago I had a nervous breakdown/ stroke, although the rest is OK I have lost memory of names, is it at all possible to repair one part of my brain?
Lorne Edwards.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Peter Bush replied 4 years ago.
Hi Lorne,

After your stroke, things can be patchy, and some things unfortunately will never return back to the way they were.

As the stroke was a number of years ago, I will say that unfortunately it may be that you have lost the ability to remember names.

There is no way to repair one part of the brain, given your age as a factor, and that the actually prognosis of having this done would outweigh the benefits.

I would say, you need to just get on with things, and feel lucky that this was the only permanent feature of the stroke.

If I can help further please do not hesitate to get in touch