Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have been falling. I am aged 56 female. I have had 3 pulmonary

Customer Question

I have been falling. I am aged 56 female. I have had 3 pulmonary embolei in the past. I have had ocassionaly hypertension and hypotension. The falls are free falling, dropping from sitting positions and standing. This has only started in last 24 hours. I am on quite a bit of psychiatric and well as physical medications. I have had cellulitis , leg ulcers int he past also, and it appears to be starting again, very hot on right leg. Could this be a possible brain anurysm
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for this excellent question

What other medications do you take? Do you take any blood thinners?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for replying, yes I take numerous medications and yes I take an injection Tanazapin is the name of it. I also take fuerisimide, aspiritn, and Zotrol for tummy. Anti psychotic meds Seroquel , Zopiclone, Lyrica and Phenergen all of these taken at night.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
I notice that you have relisted the question.

In direct answer to your question, yes it is possible that a brain aneurysm could present with episodes of falling. However, it is not even close to being one of the ore likely causes.

There are several conditions that would be the primary considerations, both because of your history and the general prevalence of such problems. The first issue is whether there is a drop in your blood pressure, as a low blood pressure is a common cause of passing out and falling. It is also possible that this can occur as a side effect to medicines, either because of a direct effect on the brain or from other side effects, such as bleeding into the gut. An infection, such as the cellutlitis, can also adversely affect your blood pressure, so could be contributing to the problem.

As a general rule, anyone that has had multiple falling episodes should be checked, and it would be better for this to be done quickly.