healthydoc
healthydoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified U.S. Neurologist
55821379

Hi there, It started with a spot on my tongue where I could

Customer Question

Hi there, It started with a spot on my tongue where I could not feel any taste anymore and the next day my right eye started twitching and after awhile I couldn't blink or close my right eye. 3 hours later all my right side was numb. I can feel the skin on my face but the muscles are almost dead .
I have strength on my arms and legs ,I can see properly and move my eyes along with hearing ok
I was driving a lot with my window open - if this could be a cause
My blod presume 122/80 and 111/70
All my blood tests come back normal
What do you recon on this matter
Costi
Category: Neurology
Expert:  healthydoc replied 4 years ago.

healthydoc :

Hello and thank you for your question.

healthydoc :

Do you have stress and any history of anxiety?

healthydoc :

Any history of Cholesterol or Diabetes?

healthydoc :

Did the symptom go away fully after few hours?

healthydoc :

Please get back to me with above information requested so we can discuss further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No stress for the moment I work a lot but not lately .last year use to be under stress
No diabetics at one point a bit of cholesterol I have 77 kg if this help
1.75 m high
No the synthoms are still there
okay. Do you feel any droop on your face on right side?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no
no drop
my face looks ok
still can feel it at the skin touch but no fully muscle
i cannot smile fully or show my full tooth
since yesterday I cam say i start to blink a bit
okay so it sounds like bells palsy. Bell's palsy is a paralysis or weakness of the muscles on one side of your face. Sometimes the damage to the facial nerve that controls muscles on one side of the face may cause that side of your face to droop . The nerve damage may also affect your sense of taste and how you make tears and saliva. This condition comes on suddenly, often overnight, and usually gets better on its own within a few weeks. Other cause can be a stroke which highly unlikely in your case due to age and you also do not have risk factors like diabetes, High blood pressure. Having cholesterol can put you at risk but as it is not terribly high i am not concerned about the stroke.

I would suggest to see a neurologist to evaluate the facial nerve function in order to confirm the diagnosis. Most people who have Bell's palsy recover completely, without treatment, in 1 to 2 months.2 This is especially true for people who can still partly move their facial muscles. But a small number of people may have permanent muscle weakness or other problems on the affected side of the face.

please get back to me if you have any further questions. Thank you.
if you have no further questions than please rate my answer positively. Thank you.