healthydoc
healthydoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified U.S. Neurologist
55821379

Hello, Looking for answer, about illness. We seen 3 neurologits

Customer Question

Looking for answer, about illness. We seen 3 neurologits . We have been told by someone that they feel there has been a cover up. What would you expect if we said, numbness and weakness down left size, pins and needles through spine, jerking at night, chronic pain in head. Bowels not moving, no feeling of water works have to be catherised. Left leg drags, constant flares. Taking around 22 tablets a day, had IV Steroid which help, but they wont give them regualar. Under rheumy. Our Dr suspected MS, Parkinson or Motor neurone disease and was shocked that neurologist came up with nothing. Been getting worse last 10 -12 years, last year near died with asphyxiation pneumonia during a flare. Our Rheumy have said she believes there is a neurological condition going on. But dont know where to turn.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  healthydoc replied 3 years ago.

healthydoc :

Hello and thank you for your question.

healthydoc :

What tests your neurologist have done to evaluate MS or any neurological problems?

healthydoc :

Did you have ANA testing done?

healthydoc :

Please get back to me with the above information requested so we can discuss further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the reply,.
The Neurologist did no tests, one asked my wife to put one foot infront of the other, which ishe was struggling to do, and the neurologist said she was not trying. Another on said why are you using a wheel chair. My wife cant walk from car park into hospital, i told him to walk my wife back to the car, he said nothing. When my wife also said about numbness down her other said, he said you got problem down there too now, very aragent he was.

As for ANA : Rhumey did double stranded DNA and ANA test, they were elevated, she told us that could mean MS or Lupus.

Rhumey did MRI and she said that what we were saying was right and things are serious and that there are white matter damage.

My wife have been told about 9 different illnesses and they always change.

My wifes spine gets hot, at the base it swells. She has damage to c5 c6 area. Neck surgeon said op would be no good.

You're welcome. Yes if her ANA was positive and ds DNA was positive than it is likely that she can have lupus and the symptoms would get worse when it flares up. White matter damage can be seen when person ages, In order to diagnose MS you need to have MS plaques also called white spots that suggest that there is a demyelinating process. Usually MRI with contrast is orderd to confirm if these white spots are consistent with MS or not. Moreover she would also need MRI of her spine to see if there are MS lesions or not. But if ANA and ds DNA are positive the diagnoses would be of lupus.

Please get back to me if you have any further questions. Thank you.
if you have no further questions than please rate my answer positively. Thank you.