Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have just started being the injection Golimumab. I have

Customer Question

I have just started being the injection Golimumab. I have a reaction of pains in my head. On the third injection .The pain is now very severe in my right temple area and side of my face.. My speech became slurred and at times I could not speak. My GP was called out and he said it was chronic migraine which I never had before I started the Simponi. So Am I having a reaction to this drug please. The hospital want to try the drug again to monitore me, but I am very worried that I am going to have this awful migraine again and it could cause damage in my brain. Please can you advise me. Should I go ahead with the drug again?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

you should be checked for a stroke or TIA because of your symptoms.

Dr. David :

your side effects are not typical side effects of Golimumab which is used for Rheumatoid arthritis.

Dr. David :

you need an MRI scan of your brain.

Dr. David :

or you could be having temporal arteritis, a separate issue causing your right temple headaches and pains.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you kindly for your answere bUT. The doctors will not listen to my daughter (aged 42). when she tries to explain her symtoms and her concern on how she feels.. They have asked her to come in hospital on Monday for the injection so they can monitor her symtoms. BUT it may be too late if she has a stroke from the injection this time. If she refuses to have the injection then they will dismiss her and send her home with no treatment.

We just dont know what to do or say!!! She is in so much pain from the arthritis.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
she should go for the injection.

I don't think the injection is causing her symptoms.

I think she is having a separate issue and if she gets these symptoms again, I bet they won't do the injection and send her for urgent testing right then and there.