Dr. Harriet
Dr. Harriet, Doctor
Experience:  25 years experience as a Board Certified family practitioner.
16838010

My son walks jump run

Customer Question

My son has been referred to a neurologist after seeing a doctor and physiotherapist . I'm really scared its something serious like muscular dystrophy Could it be foot drop and is this not as serious
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
what are the symptoms
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes please could you still look to respond
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I have reviewed all of your questions at this point and I am going to opt out, so that perhaps another expert can help you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What happens now? Will someone else contact me?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Once I opted out it alerted all experts to you post.
If one wants to come into the thread they will.
If you post it will just lock it back to me.

I suggest you relist it and it will alert everyone again.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Expert:  Dr. Harriet replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I am very sorry that your son is having problems. I would need to know more about what is going on with him in order to help you, however. For instance, when did his problem start, what symptoms does it cause, what treatments has he had including medications, and have they helped? Also, have other family members had similar problems? What testing has been done?
Once I have that information I will be happy to help you with your concerns. Thanks.