Dr. F
Dr. F, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Neurosurgeon with more than 20 years experience in practice and teaching.
39941098

Hi for the past couple of years I have been waking up with

Customer Question

Hi for the past couple of years I have been waking up with numbness in my legs. I have had pain in my legs since I was 18 following a stress fracture on my pubic bone even though that healed after 6 months. I have pins and needles in my feet and legs that can last between 15 and 30 mins no matter what I try it wont go away. also I get these twitches in my hands and legs they arn't frequent have you any idea as to what this could be?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  tazechip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--do you have any other medical conditions and have you had any testing for this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no Im in good health apart from these symptoms. I am waiting to see a neurologist next month. sometimes I wake up and my legs feel numb.

Expert:  tazechip replied 3 years ago.
OK Charlotte but besides the Neurology referral you doctor hasn't done any testing or commented on what he thinks the problem might be?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He did a few blood tests etc

Expert:  tazechip replied 3 years ago.
Do you know what those were and again did he tell you what he thought might be going on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they were the basic blood tests they came back fine. He did say that he thinks it could be MS but they need to rule everything out first.

Expert:  tazechip replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for the delay Charlotte. All I can do here is give you my thoughts about the possible diagnoses and how I would work them up--will that be sufficient for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ah no its ok I think I'll wait to get my consultation with my neurologist then as I have an idea what it is thank you for you time

Expert:  tazechip replied 3 years ago.
Well then get back to me after the consultation if you have any questions