healthydoc
healthydoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified U.S. Neurologist
55821379

I have been suffering with pins and needles all over my body

I have been suffering with pins and needles all over my body including my face, i have also had a few attacks where i am shaking pins an needles, very twitchy and getting confused also pain in my head during and after each attack as well as feeling very tired. Could i be suffering from epilipsy??
Category: Neurology
Expert:  healthydoc replied 3 years ago.

healthydoc :

Hello and thank you for your question.

healthydoc :

Yes if you have twitching and jerking of the body and after that episode if you feel tired and fatigued than it is possible that you might be getting a seizure activity. In order to be diagnose for epilepsy you need to have more than 3-4 seizure activity.

healthydoc :

I would suggest to see a neurologist which you are already referred, he may order EEG test to evaluate the seizure activity and where in the brain it is originating from.

healthydoc :

He may also suggest MRI of your brain to rule out the cause of the seizure activity if you get evaluated for one.

healthydoc :

Please get back to me if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for answering my question. May i say, i have had several of these attacks the 1st i hyperventalted and it felt like my chest was being crushed along with pins an needles, and the shakes. 2nd was different as i didn't have trouble breathing but was very twitchy an pins an needles, 3rd was the same as the 2nd. I have become confused and forget full. PLEASE HELP

You're welcome. Yes it does sound like a seizure activity. I would suggest to go to ER or request your GP to order EEG test until he refer you to a neurologist. EEG is very important to evaluate if you have seizure activity or not. Based on this testing you would be prescribed anti seizure medication to prevent it.
healthydoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Board Certified U.S. Neurologist