Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

my granddaughter aged 10 has been suffering from an undiagnosed

Customer Question

my granddaughter aged 10 has been suffering from an undiagnosed illness which includes only wanting to be in darkness. has no appetite,gets several seizures a day,is in extreme pain,when she has a seizures her eyes roll into her head and she is in extreme pain, she starts to drool,after this she has no memory of this,she has had tests for me. eplipsy. brain disorder and has had mri scans,she has had 24 hour eeg monitoring and no answers so far her gp seems reluctant to refer her to any more consultants,we are getting very distressed about this as she was normally very bubbly person,any help would be appreciated.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i have not yet found an answer and will continue to wait,thanks.

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hi there. Still need help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i still need help,my grandaughter has been like this for about 10 weeks and nobody seems to be able to diagnose her condition,it is very distressing for us all.

this is absolutely some sort of seizure disorder

she needs to see a neurologist ASAP
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can you suggest what it might be as the hospital has ruled out ME,epilipsy and brain infection,she has been treated with several different types of antibiotics but to no avail.

It has to be a neurological condition like seizures

they just haven't caught them yet