Dr. F
Dr. F, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Neurosurgeon with more than 20 years experience in practice and teaching.
39941098

Hi, I started twitching on my cheek and then a few days later

Customer Question

Hi, I started twitching on my cheek and then a few days later it was all over my body. I had been under alot of stress and had a sinus cold when the cheek twitches started. This has been going on for just over 4 months now. I have seen a neurologist who listened to all my symptoms and did a detailed clinical and said it was BFS. I was happy with this and my twitching is maybe only 10 twitches per day now. However for the last 10 days i have had slightly nasal voice with a dry throat and sometimes a blocked nose and trouble breathing through my nose. If it wasnt for the twitching i would not be worried and would put it down to allergies that sometimes i get or a cold. Of course I am worried that this may be bulbar onset. I have no slurred speech or swallowing problems and my wife says she doesn't notice any difference im my speech. I am male age 33. Does this sound like bulbar and would it start with body wide twitching surely if that was the case i would have weakness etc before it moved to the bulbar region ? Also my wife says I am snoring at night which would happen if my nose was blocked up.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
This sounds like anxiety.

There is no such thing as a disease called bulbar.

Not sure what you mean by that