Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

I need to find a good Parkinson neurologist in Britain.

I need to find a good Parkinson neurologist in Britain.  I look well an have no external symptoms that show except pain an stiffness in legs - mostly right leg an foot

Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Bob :

Hello. If the Madopar and Sinemet have not helped at all, or made your symptoms worse, this calls into question the diagnosis. I would suggest you ask your GP for a referral to a neurologist (or second neurologist) to confirm the diagnosis. Other neurological conditions can mimic PD,especially in the early stages. You would want to get the diagnosis right so that you can get on the proper treatment, and as soon as possible.

Dr. Bob :

A general neurologist should be able to confirm or challenge the diagnosis of PD. If a more specialized neurologist is needed, the general neurologist can provide a referral for you.

Dr. Bob :

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions for me.

Customer:

I understand what you say and your reasoning is the same as mine and what bought me to you. Ihad intended to put myself in the hands of an expert Parkinson Dr and was asking you for names of good neurologists that I could contact. Do you have these names for me? That is what I need help with