tazechip
tazechip, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified in Critical Care Medicine
18722459

I've been suffering from tummy aches since 1 year now and vertigo

Customer Question

I've been suffering from tummy aches since 1 year now and vertigo and headaches (on the right side) for the last 4 months which started a few weeks after my cesarean.
I've had episodes of dizziness/fatigue and went to hospital twice because I nearly fainted. My blood pressure was normal but they found out that when I was lying down my heart rate was around 56 (I am not an athlete) and when I stood it came back to around 75-78.
Did colonoscopy, gastroscopy, and MRI brain and I also saw an ENT. Found out I have no ear infection and nothing in the colon. I was diagnosed with a small hiatal hernia and my MRI brain came out all normal except for this line that says:
Incidental note is made of some vascular loops coursing into the internal acoustic canals bilaterally.
Is this causing my vertigo or should I be concerned about something else?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  tazechip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--the problem would be the vascular loops in your acoustic canals and if this is a major problem for you surgery to remove those loops would solve the problem you have. If you need to discuss this further, please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just to have a follow up on my dizziness and tummy pains. Yesterday the doctor listened to my heart and said instead of the usual lub-dub sound he heard lub-drub like a valve is closing a few seconds later than the first valve. He ordered an echocardiogram. Is that something serious?
Expert:  tazechip replied 2 years ago.
Probably nothing serious but I agree with the echocardiogram--you may have what's called a floppy mitral valve which in itself is not dangerous. Let me know how all this goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Echocardiogram came out all good. My tummy pain is still here but is on and off. Sometimes it is sore sometimes not. Sometimes in the back on the left in my rib cage sometimes in the front just underneath my rib cage. Did several blood tests, urine and stool test, all normal. Doctors are refusing my request for an MRI because there is no plausible reason to do one. What do you think it might be and can all diseases be detected through blood tests? I am scared I have cancer...
Expert:  tazechip replied 2 years ago.
What MRI--what area of your body--are they refusing to do? Did you doctors have any comment about your tummy pain?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want an MRI of my abdomen. They did ultrasounds but the ultrasounds were all good. They say everybody has tummy and back pain and they've done everything to figure things out.
Expert:  tazechip replied 2 years ago.
Is the pain sharp or burning or crampy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No just dull and it comes and goes. I get relief when I pass gas. But it is always in the same area.
Expert:  tazechip replied 2 years ago.
OK. First off, no, blood tests can't detect all diseases and they can't detect all cancers. That said, this doesn't sound like cancer and you have had upper and lower endoscopy and the ultrasounds that would look for things like stomach and colon cancer and liver and pancreatic cancer. This could be what's called irritable bowel syndrome or perhaps a stomach infection with H pylori so I would screen you for that. We've covered to subjects here--your dizziness and your tummy pain so I would ask that you now rate my service to you and then if you still have questions I'll be glad to answer them on a fresh page. You can get to me by using the link below my photo
tazechip, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified in Critical Care Medicine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I will try to ask. Thank you!!
Expert:  tazechip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure but don't forget to rate this page