tazechip
tazechip, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified in Critical Care Medicine
18722459

sakis

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** ***** since 5 years ago I got very strange symptoms like tingling, needles, burning, electricity, cold, itching, etc. In my whole body at anytime and with no reason. I also have some black spots in my vision and its more strong when its very bright. The last 6 months I got sleep issues, I sleep only 4-5 hours per day and even if I try hard I can't sleep any longer. My GP he tested many times my blood but its clean, so I believe that its something neurological and its affecting my life very bad for 5 years every day. Should I visit a neurologist? How and where can I do MRI ?

Category: Neurology
Expert:  tazechip replied 3 years ago.
Hi Sakis. Sorry but I just got your question. Won't your GP refer you to a neurologist or at least order the MRI?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi! Sorry for late reply but I work during the evenings. Well, what the doctors tell me is "don't worry, relax, you are healthy.....etc" and this make me more crazy because they just test my blood and nothing else. When I asked to check if something is wrong with my nerves they told me that at the moment we don't have to do this.... Well, what I know is that every day I suffer from all these symptoms and I am just so sick and tired from this situation. I wish I could find the problem and I believe that the MRI it will shows if something is wrong or not, I really don't know why they don't?????

Expert:  tazechip replied 3 years ago.
OK Would you be able to pay yourself to see a neurologist or at least to get the MRI?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If the cost is affordable yes why not? Do you know how much it will cost?
Expert:  tazechip replied 3 years ago.
It would probably cost about 500 pounds. I definitely think you need it since anxiety is just a diagnosis of exclusion--made from the symptoms when other possibilities are ruled out. From your symptoms the other possibilities include multiple sclerosis or a brain tumour or perhaps a variant migraine syndrome. So I personally would order the MRI and the neurology referral if you were my patient.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks! I checked on internet about this and all my symptoms fit 99% to variant migraine syndrome, specially when I read about sensitivity of hearing. Sometimes the music or the sound of broken glass is killing my ears and I always hear a noise into my head. Of course I have to get the MRI to be sure but at least after 5 years is the first time I see that all these unusual symptoms I got they fit so much to this disease. You think its possible that I got this syndrome?

Expert:  tazechip replied 3 years ago.
I think that's the most likely diagnosis Sakis. Let me know how it goes