Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

I have has a severe headache since April every day getting

I have has a severe headache since April every day getting worse. When standing the top of my head is aching constantly when bending over the pain on top of my head is severe and the only relief is when I lay down.I now can only manage 2-3 hours upright then have to lay down for a few hours. In the morning its gone for a few hours but still the underlying bruised feeling but predictably gets worse through the day. I have had every painkiller going to no effect now on gabapentin which lessens the pain slightly. The last 3 weeks terrible buzzing in my head getting worse every day, some vision problems and now tingling in my hands and sometimes dizzy. Not been able to work for 6 weeks. Seen ent not sinuses, ct and mri clear. Waiting for neurology appt. Is it possibly a csf leak as I have had 5 epidural anaesethitics one which went very wrong? Any ideas please
Thanks Viv
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Bob :

Hi Viv. Some of the features of your headache do suggest the possibility of a CSF leak. This can be patched, but you would need to see a neurosurgeon.

Dr. Bob :

I see you are offline.

Dr. Bob :

I will check back a bit later.

Dr. Bob :

The procedure for fixing a CSF leak is called an epidural blood patch.

Dr. Bob :

To look for the leak, you might need a CT myelogram or radionuclide cisternography.

Dr. Bob :

These would be questions you would want to ask the neurologist about.

Dr. Bob :

Let me know if you have any follow up questions about this.

Dr. Bob :

Regards,

Dr. Bob :

Doctor-Bob

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Vivienne. I did not hear back from you. Did you have any additional information or questions you wanted to go over? If so, let me know and I would be happy to help further.
Regards,
Doctor-Bob