Dr. F
Dr. F, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Neurosurgeon with more than 20 years experience in practice and teaching.
39941098

,I'm a 24 year old female. I was diagnosed with Endometriosis

Customer Question

I'm a 24 year old female. I was diagnosed with Endometriosis at 20 and since then, had 4 laparoscopies, hormone pills and now I have a Mirena IUD coil.
In October, I got a really bad migraine, sensitive to lights, was sick etc. I slept through it although found I had a headache for a good 3 weeks after. A few months later, I woke up with another severe headache, sick again, couldn't look at the lights. Having never has headaches like this, I left it to see if it would happen again. After the second migrane, my headache lingered for about a month.
On Sunday, I had a slight headache but didn't think anything of it. However, apparently I woke up with severe migraine and the ambulance service said I was extremely confused - mum called 999 as was very worried as said I wasn't making sense.
I was taken to A&E and they took bloods and moved me to resus. They did a neurological examination which I think was okay although they said my pupils were quite enlarged. They wanted to do a head CT but wanted to wait to see what bloods said - bloods were normal so theu decided against the CT.
What do you think this could be? The extreme confusion is very unlike me and naturally is worrying me why it happened along with the severe headache.
I had the mirena IUD inserted nearly two a year and a half ago so don't know whether it could be due to that now?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  tazechip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--still need help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still haven't received an answer to my question. Due to the fact £27 has been debited from my account, I would very much like a reply as soon as possible else I'll have to request a full refund.
Many thanks.
K
Expert:  tazechip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I responded to you just as soon as your question was opened to me. Let me get a little more information here first. Can you tell me more about this extreme confusion?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of course.
I woke up on Monday with a severe migraine. I don't remember much about waking up. Mum called 999 as said I wasn't making sense and very confused.
I've had 2 migraines prior to this although not experienced the confusion. I've had a low grade headache for about 4 months.
A&E wanted to initially do a brain CT but bloods were okay so they didn't do it.
Expert:  tazechip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay--I was off when you responded. We need to talk some more so please forgive me if I ask you to come back to this page in about 12 hours or later