Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Banged my head few days ago fell down stairs banged it on corner

Customer Question

Banged my head few days ago fell down stairs banged it on corner of the square piece got a big bump and a red lumpy bit in middle but since then I've felt a little sick ringing in ears and very painful to knock or touch psin goes down ear do I need to see doctor
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.
Since it has been a few days, this is not something that has injured the brain or is very serious.
This is known as a concussion. And the ringing in the ears is called Tinnitus which is also commonly reported with concussions. The pain that is radiating down the ear is due to impingement of the cutaneous nerve that supplies the area of the head you hit and the impingement is most likely due to the bump or lump. So, your symptoms are well explained by the history and the mechanism of injury, having said that, you should see your doctor to receive a clear bill of health and for pain killers and more discussion on the phenomenon of concussion but most of all for your peace of mind.
Let me know if you have any other queries regarding this.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best wishes.