Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

HiMy mother was in an accident-head injury trauma and has

Customer Question

My mother was in an accident-head injury trauma and has brain damage. SHe has been in a coma for 5 weeks and is now minimally conscious. The hospital wants to refer her to rehab at putney. Do we need to find alternative places or will the NHS provide suggestions?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to learn about your mother.
If you want her rehab facility to be changed from Putney you should request the NHS to provide you with further options or suggestions.
The NHS will usually give suggestions themselves but if they have not done that yet you can request them to provide you with further suggestions as well.
Let me know if you have more questions.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the smilies below.