DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

In 2013 I had 'de ja vu' like episodes and a sickly

Customer Question

In 2013 I had 'de ja vu' like episodes and a sickly feeling straight after lasting 20-30 seconds , it only lasted for a day happening around 4-5 times, when I woke up the next morning everything was back to normal. About a year later I had the same thing again, again reverting back to normal after waking up the next morning. It happened then around 4 times in the space of 6 months so I saw a neurologist who recommended me for an EEG scan and an MRI. The results came back with no issue, but I have been recommended to see a heart specialist as I have an inverted t wave which may have an effect?
Today I woke up feeling a bit 'brain tired' if that makes sense, anyway I have had 2 episodes this morning, to describe what happens I will be doing something and then have a 'de ja vu' like feeling where I see this scenario is a scenario i dreamt about , not necessarily me in the situation but I have seen it before in a dream. While its happening I can talk,etc but not that responsive in terms of I cannot provide answer to questions, but I am able to speak (can't think etc)
I also get a sickly feeling which last a few seconds when it happens, again this tends to only happen in one -day stints. I am trying to find a link between the days it tends to happen but I am unable to find a solid link as of yet.
As I have had the scans with no luck finidng anything I wanted to know if there was any other ideas on what this could possibly be? I always thought it was TLE but it happens extremely infrequently and nothing appeared on the scans I had only 6 weeks ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
It can happen from anxiety.
As this been suggested?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay in reply I did not get an email notifying me of the thread updating. It has never been suggest as anxiety, but I don't feel any different since having them over the years (stress levels are not bad, diet is good, etc)

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I would suggest that you ask for a sleep deprived EEG.
This avoids missing odd seizure activity.