DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

ThereFor over a year I have been having these weird

Customer Question

Hi there
For over a year I have been having these weird muscle spasms jerks in my abdomen. First it started when I'm trying to sleep I will feel like there's ants running all over my body then pressure of some sort of electrical activity is building up in my abdomen then bosh I jerk. My whole abdomen area makes me jump. Often get twitching on some muscles all over and on my back. Now it's happening even when I'm sitting down relaxing or watching TV. Seems like the only way to stop it is to cross my arms nd apply pressure for me not to jerk as it's embarrassing at work. I still have no answer and I need to know what it could be. I had a mri 8months ago when it all started which was all clear of brain and thoracic spine
I'm soon having a EMG. Please can u explain what's happening
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
No, unfortunately, we can not examine you and we can not diagnose you.
We can give you a differential...possibilities of what this might be.
In most cases, this is due to benign fasiculations. These are of uncertain cause, and resolve on their own.....
Other possibilities are as follows.
Structural stress [using your body incorrectly..muscle strain].
Magnesium deficiency [should be at least 2.5 on serum testing].
Other electrolyte problem, calcium, etc....
Hyperthyroidism.
Neurologic diseases: rare.
You apparently are only being tested for neurologic disease, with an EMG pending...also testing for muscular disease.
You apparently have had no other tests.
Please take the list above to your doctor.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI.

I still need answer how long will it take

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
See my answer above...you apparently have not read it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Yes I am having a few blood tests done. FBC nd magnesium etc

In last few days my penis area seems to feel weird like its vibrating and my scrotum is constantly expanding and shrinking almost constantly and more than usual. Is this related?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
The scrotum normally does this with temperature.
My answer is the same, as above.
I have, unfortunately, not seen a single positive rating on my answers. We are only paid PER positive rating, or we go unpaid.
Please click a positive rating, then come back as needed.
Also please see my additional services offer.