Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

This is a medical report can you explain what it is please

Customer Question

this is a medical report can you explain what it is please and is it safe for the person to GO ON HOLIDAY TODAY AND TAKE A 2 HOUR FLIGHT

Radiology Examination X-07709182: 01 Jul 2015 14:06 MRI Head MRI Head MRI Head Clinical History : 24 year old female, well, recently stopped COCP nil other meds, no Hx IVDU. Sudden onset bilateral vision loss lasting 10 mins on 6th June then resolved. No other symptoms. Saw GP monday 8th, nil on examination for urgent outpt MRI/MRA head please. MRI Head : Brain morphology is normal. No significant intracranial abnormality is demonstrated and in particular the optic tracts are intact. There are no features to indicate demyelination. Diffusion weighted imaging is unremarkable. There is a 4 mm ependymal/subependymal nodule protruding from the roof of the left lateral ventricle into its lumen although this is unlikely to be of current clinical significance. It shows signal isointensity with cortex and is most likely to indicate an isolated heterotopic nodule. Both orbits and the paranasal sinuses are unremarkable apart from a small mucosal polyp inferiorly in the left maxillary antrum. MRV Venogram : There is no evidence of dural venous sinus thrombosis. In summary, no significant abnormality is demonstrated although a 4 mm nodule isointense with cortex is seen to arise from the roof of the left lateral ventricle. Reported by : Dr P Slaney / C2807663 e a 2 hour flight on a plane

Category: Neurology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David

sometimes in the brain we can see small little cysts or nodules close to the ventricles which are the water or cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) reservoirs in the brain.

these are normal and not causing your vision changes.

"unlikely to be of current clinical significance" means that teh 4mm nodule is not causing you symptoms.

you can go on vacation and holiday.

let me know if you have other questions.