Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

I have numbness in my thumb and index finger on my right

Customer Question

I have numbness in my thumb and index finger on my right hand. It started about just over a month ago and is getting more severe and gets a lot worse at night
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Some people have said it could be a problem with my neck. Could this be possible?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I still haven't got a response. It said 10 minutes or less and it has been almost 4 hours.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. Your question just popped up in the neurology category. Your description suggests a median mononeuropathy. This is a problem with the median nerve that runs from the spinal cord in the neck down the arm into the first 3 digits of the hand. The problem could be anywhere along the path of the nerve but most commonly is in the forearm or wrist.